Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wearing knew habits!



"When you can't sleep and restlessness sets in, remember... Psalm 63:6-7: On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings."

    Samantha Reed

The above is a from one of the daily devotion emails I get from Proverbs 31 Ministries. The whole devotion by Samanta Reed was great but the last part of this particular verse stuck out at me.  Probably because of my love for singing.  I also keep up with Ann Voskamp's "A holy experience" and "one thousand gifts" and today Ann was talking about wearing habits and creating new habits.  As I was thinking of how to wear new habits that would bring glory to God, I thought of the verse "I sing in the shadow of your wings".  What a wonderful imagine! Under the wing of God singing His praise, how glorious would that be!  My new habit is to intentually sing praise to God daily and come into His presence. I pray that in doing so He will renew me daily as I find rest in the shadow of His wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment