Wednesday, December 21, 2011

God's Many Blessings: Day 5

Luke 1: 41-45

41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42 In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! 43 But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45 Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”  (emphasis mine)

How exciting to feel the baby move in her belly at the sound of Mary's greeting!  That reminds me so much of when I was pregnant with my children.  What an amazing feeling of joy to feel the baby move but this doesn't just say that her baby moved in her womb, he leaped for joy!!!  As I read that verse in my quiet time, I instantly smiled. The verse brought joy to my heart.  Oh how precious the joy is from God when we choose to embrace it.  The past few weeks have been filled with much heartache for so many people I have been around, children going to foster care, terminal illnesses, severe injury from car collisions, depression, substance abuse.  It's easy to allow all those things to hide God's joy.  It's so easy to allow Satan to push things in our way to block the joy of God during this special time of year.  Thankfully I serve a God that allows His light to shine through the darkness Satan and this world try to push on us.  God's grace is far greater than any thing that tries to separate us from the Almighty Father.  His promises in our times of hurt, depression and anxiousness He will never leave us and just as He kept His promises to Elizabeth and Mary, He will keep the promises He has made to us.  What an amazing, loving God we serve!

51. God's light in the darkness

52. tears shed for a loved one that is hurting

53. gratefulness of a child for a small toy

54. listening to a child sing a praise song

55. loving embrace from my daughter when I am hurting for someone else

56. mom's homemade vegetable soup on a very long stressful day

57. a surprising cup of coffee from a co worker

58. God showing in little ways He's in control and still listening

59. a great place to work

60. a day off to make Christmas treats with my daughter

Lord God Almighty, all I can think to say right now is thank you!  Lord you know those who need you the most right now and I thank you for letting me know today you are handling their needs.  I love you and I am so grateful for your mercies and grace.  In Christ's name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment