Monday, December 12, 2011

God's Many Blessings: Day 2

Well my plan was to post daily 10 blessings but as you know things don't always go the way WE plan.  So I am learning to be flexible and post as I get a chance. I hope that if you are just stopping by to read this post, you will see how God can work in your life as He has done in mine.  He is not just a fairy tale to make us feel better, no He is far from a fairy tale.  He is REAL!  He is alive and working daily in our lives, we just need to look for Him and listen for His whisper.  He's that thought that pops in your head telling you to listen to a certain song, that nudging to attend church, the beautiful sky that catches your attention, a person that touches you with a kind word or smile.  That is God at work speaking to you and calling you to Him.  My prayer is that you will take the time to listen and follow Him.  The blessings below are just a glimpse into God's work.

11. Thank you Lord for reminding me it's not about my plans but YOURS! Thank you for reminding me You see the whole picture when I can only see one stroke of the picture being painted.

12. Thank you Lord for my mother being willing and able to sit with me ALL day at my daughters cheer competition even when I know she was tired and hurting.

13. Thank you Lord for giving me and my mom a pretty good sense of direction so I didn't get lost when the GPS, phone and charger all died on us.  Definitely made for good memories! 

14. Thank you Lord for a husband who loves me so much he went to the store 2 times for me when I was sick last week. That was the best ginger-ale and chicken noodle soup & saltines!

15. Thank you Lord for a strong son, who now towers over me and gives the best hugs! (And at the age of 17 still doesn't mind hugging his mom!)

16. Thank you Lord for my beautiful daughter who put everything she had into her competition this weekend. I love watching her do something she loves!

17. Thank you Lord for my daughters coaches, who put so much love and heart into all of the kids they coach.  I still don't know who was more nervous this weekend; the coaches or the kids.

18. Thank you Lord for my son's small group leader, who encourages my son and makes an effort to spend time with the guys and be a Godly example for them. 

19. Thank you Lord for reminding me not to allow my pride to make me stumble but to be content with what I am asked to do.  Also the reminder, He is also in the small parts of projects.

20. Thank you Lord for the women that write different blogs that make such an impact on my life and walk with you. Thank you for their love and desire to build up other women.  So refreshing in a world that normally encourages women to compare themselves to others.


Abba Daddy~ thank you for always being there for me.  You have provided so many different ways for me to grow in my relationship with you.  So many different ways for me to learn about you and learn from you; books, blogs, emails, songs, people, Your Word, etc.  I am so grateful to you for revealing more and more of yourself to me.  Lord I pray that you will touch anyone who reads this post, that they will feel your love.  I pray you will whisper in their ear just how much you love and care for them.  Lord I love you and thank you for all of your blessings.  In your Son's precious and holy name!!! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment