Tuesday, December 13, 2011

God's Many Blessings: Day 3

Acceptance says, "This is my situation at the moment. I'll look unblinkingly at the reality of it. But I'll also open my hands to willingly accept whatever a loving Father sends."  ~ Catherine Marshall (1915-1983)

I found this in a book I have on my desk by Ron DiCianni, that particular quote came in reference to Mary's willingness to accept God's plan for her to give birth to Jesus.  As I sit here and think about Mary and the incredible situation she was in I am in awe.  I wonder, what would I do if I were in her place? How would I feel? What would be going through my mind?  Then I think, she trusted completely in her Heavenly Father.  She put all her doubts and fears at the feet of God.  And it hits me, that's what He asks us to do.  He asks us to daily put our doubts and fears at His feet. He asks us to willingly follow Him and His plan for our life.  He asks us to trust Him completely.  It is a daily struggle, sometimes a second by second struggle but one we will win if we just lay it all at His feet.

21. Daily Grace.

22. Rays of sun that shine through the clouds.

23. The crunch of fallen leaves as I walk through the yard.

24. Sunsets and Sunrises: God's painted masterpieces in the sky.

25. The wind in my hair on a cool day.

26. Moonlight shining through a window.

27. Camping with my husband and kids.

28. A peaceful body of water.

29. Fresh cut grass.

30. Overlooking mountains.

Father, I pray you will continue to work on me and remind me daily, Lord, that I am a work in progress.  Thank you for all the blessings you have provided me.  I pray Lord, you will continue to open my eyes to see your beauty around me.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment