Wednesday, December 14, 2011

God's Many Blessings: Day 4

Girlfriends in God  (Sharon Jaynes) I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters (2 Corinthians 6:18 emphasis added, NIV)

I get email devotions daily and I love them. Please check out the link above. It is so wonderful to have women willing to reach out to other women with daily encouragement.  Today's was eye opening for me today and truly moved me.  The first thought was how amazing for this 5 year old to have such knowledge and wisdom about God and to know Him as her father.  The other thing that sang out to me was the thought of so many kids that don't have a parent. They don't have someone to hug them, tell them they love them, encourage them.  So many kids do not know what it is to be loved.  It breaks my heart to think about it.  I pray they have someone in their path to let them know God loves them. Tell them God sees them.  I pray even more for God to open my eyes, ears and heart to see those opportunities to show these kids His love.  I pray God will use His children to reach the lost children of this world.  A kind word, a gentle smile or a warm hug, that's all God needs to begin to reveal His love to others.  I pray we are will to step out in faith and courage to show His love.

41. a child's giggle

42. a quiet compliment in passing

43. snuggling for 10 minutes after hitting the snooze button

44. singing in the shower

45. roasted marshmallows

46. ice cold Pepsi

47. ladies weekend retreats

48. catching up with friends/family

49. lighthouses

50. christian book stores (I could spend hours in there!)

No comments:

Post a Comment