Thursday, December 8, 2011

God's Many Blessings: Day 1

I received a book a few months back from one of my daily devotional emails called One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.  I read a little of it but have not really taken the time to read it. (If you read my post from earlier this week then you know I am not a big fan of reading.)  Well today I came across a YouTube video of Ann Voskamp being interviewed about the book.  She spoke with such beauty and grace.  I was so impressed with her in the interview I'm greatly anticipating going home and reading the book.  She issued a dare to find God's blessings in everything, the good, the bad, the hard, the unexpected, the mundane.  I felt God's whisper as she spoke "take the challenge, accept the dare".  So that is what I am going to start today! I am going to look for God's blessings each and everyday and give thanks to the God of the Universe for loving me and raining down his Grace on me.  I encourage you to do the same, look for God in the darkness and sing praise and thanksgiving for His unwavering love. Here is the website for Ann's book.  http://www.onethousandgifts.com/

Thanking God for my Gifts!

1. A renewed marriage that grows stronger each and every day.

2. A husband that shows me unconditional love. He loves me on my good days AND on my bad days. I truly feel this is also God's way of reminding me He loves me unconditionally.  How far greater is His love for me than anyone here on earth to include my husband. I can't even wrap my mind around that.

3. A teenage son that has a heart for helping others and putting others before himself. He loves with all that he has and would sacrifice to help others in need.

4. A preteen daughter that has a love for God and a passion for singing.  She also loves helping others and was called a peacemaker by one of her guidance counselors at school.  What a compliment!

5. The beauty in my kids being content with small things or even nothing for Christmas.  I have to kind of laugh at this but my daughter has a habit of asking for funny things for Christmas and birthdays.  One year she asked for Wheat Thins and can cheese, another year for her Cocoa Krispies, this year she asked for ductape and Goldfish crackers.  It makes me smile!  And my son can't think of anything he wants for Christmas this year, doesn't make for easy shopping but warms my heart to know he doesn't put his focus on earthly things.

6. A heart that always tries to find the good in each person I meet and eyes to see each person the way God sees them.

7. God's word that chases away Satan and his demons when spoken.

8. Prayers of friends that make a difference both seen and unseen.

9. A church that refuses to conform to the world but is always willing to follow God's leading.

10. The freedom to worship God openly when so many can't. 

Oh what a wonderful God we serve!  I am in awe of His majesty and love.  I think of how unworthy I am but God does not see me as unworthy, He loves and adores me.  He tells me through His word that I am precious! He takes my flaws, my mistakes, my failures and He makes me beautiful.  I am the clay and He is my potter and thankfully I am still a work in progress.  Thank you Lord!

http://www.onethousandgifts.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment