Thursday, January 19, 2012

My BIRTH day!

Well today is my birthday and I must say it has not gone quite as I had hoped (I hurt my knee leaving for work this morning...and it still hurts!)  but just the same I find joy in knowing today is the day God chose to bring me into this world many years ago.  I find joy in knowing he chose me even before creation! Ephesians 1:4 "For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight." (emphasis mine)  I think how amazing it is that He took the time to pick each and every person that has come into my life.  I think about my family and giggle because ONLY God could have put my family together.  I tend to get picked on a little and definitely get some funny looks when I have to explain my family dynamics.  I have a blood relatives, step relatives, technically used to be step relatives but we still claim to be step relatives and "adopted" relatives. I'm sure if I actually tried to draw a family tree it would be a huge tree!  Each one of them have been a huge blessing in my life, they have changed me and formed me into the woman of God I am today.  I am just in awe of God's love and sense of humor! 

Lord I sing your praise for you are an amazing God.  You know each and every person coming in and out of my life.  Each one with a different reason for being there.  Each one to touch me or to be touched by me leaving Your fingerprints.  Lord I thank you for each relative, friend and passer-by in my life~past, present and future.  I thank you for choosing me even before creation! In Christ Jesus...Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment