Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Be Still.....

Today I am reminded just how precious our time with our family and friends truly is.  I am reminded to rely on God for strength and encouragement so that I can encourage and love others.

I visited a beautiful woman, mother and wife today as she struggles in the last hours of her life.  Surrounded by her family and friends, I gently say hello and goodbye at the same time and slip out of the door to allow privacy for the family.  She has fought a great battle against cancer with such grace, optimism and strength.  As I left the hospital room I fought hard to hold back the tears until I reached my car.  Tears of joy for her to be without pain but also tears of pain and sorrow for her husband and two kids. Oh Lord I pray You would rain peace upon that family.

I check on my (step) brother.  He's also watching a loved slowly pass.  His father's health has declined rapidly.  Now he is taking care of his father AND his family.  I can see the stress taking it's toll.  It makes my heart heavy knowing how much he is hurting.  Lord I lift him to you! I pray Father for Your strength to carry him.  I pray Your embrace will comfort him. 

A friend's grandmother has passed away as well, a new mother needing an organ transplant, a young man fights a battle with leukemia, a young girl recovering from being hit by a drunk driver, another family lost a beautiful daughter to a drunk driver as 3 other family members recover in the hospital.  Oh Lord, how they need you!  I pray Lord God, You will comfort these families.  Lord I pray You will continue to remind them of Your ever present love.  Lord God only You truly know what each person needs and I pray Lord you will gently touch each one just to let them know you are there. You are with them, You have never left them and never will. 

As I think of all that has occurred in the past few months it is easy to allow Satan to sneak in to try and plant doubts.  Again as I struggle with a heavy heart today for so many that are hurting, He takes me back to the one verse that brings true comfort...."Be Still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10.

Tonight I am going to sing praises to my Father above at praise team practice and enjoy my time with my family. Lord I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment