Thursday, January 5, 2012

Finding Strength in God

The past few days have been very emotional.  I have cried, prayed, laughed and loved.  Since my last post the beautiful woman I spoke about lost her battle with cancer.  She was an amazing woman of strength and courage.   My (step) brother's father also passed away yesterday.  As I arrived to be with my brother, I looked at his father and he was finally as peace. I also had a cousin to pass away yesterday as well.  He had been in the hospital since the day he was born 23 years ago.  If I step back and look at all of the death and struggles as the world would, it would be easy to get depressed and allow worry to creep in.  BUT I am grateful to God because I can see all of these deaths through His eyes and with His strength.  I was trying to explain to my daughter last night how God has heals in different ways.  As we live here on earth of course we want our loved ones to be fully healed and remain here with us but we have to remember God has healed them.  He has taken all of the pain and sickness from each one. He has given them new and improved bodies.  Now they celebrate in the presence of the Almighty Father!

I have been looking at new ways to grow my relationship with God and have been counting the many gifts God has blessed me with.  I am trying to start a new spiritual journal and hoping to get my daughter to start one as well.  I'm excited about that.  Also today I saw where Ann Voskamp has issued a "Joy Dare".  She has challenged us to start over for 2012 and count 1000 gifts from God.  You can post a picture or write it out.  So I have posted a new page to my blog to count my gifts in 2012.  I hope you will check it out and also check out her website at www.onethousandgifts.com. She has a great printable list for each day of the month.  If you take up the challenge I pray God will draw you closer to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment