Monday, January 16, 2012

I'm listening, I'm seeing, I'm learning...

This weekend I have had a the much needed opportunity to take some time to just slow down and relax.  Time to listen and watch for God's answers to my prayers.  I got to enjoy dinner with my husband and an amazing thing happened between us that only God could do.  I stepped out on faith following a nudge from God and as soon as I did my husband looked at me with a funny look.  Of course I questioned his look and he said "I was thinking about doing that very same thing!"  In that very moment I knew God was nudging not only me but also my husband. It was a simple gesture but obviously important to God and to those who were touched by it. 

Then Saturday morning I was able to get up and spend a couple of hours alone with God.  I read and prayed and looked at a couple of blogs.  I came across one that spoke volumes to me.(lovingthislife1.blogspot.com)  It was as if the beautiful woman that had written it was speaking for me.  Word after word I felt a sense of relief and thanksgiving that I apparently am not alone in my struggle with worry, anxiety and fears.  God was using her to speak to me and letting me know I am not in this alone.  Not only is He walking with me every step but he is also leading me to places that will help me in my walk.  I read more of the book "one thousand gifts" by Ann Voskamp and again I feel as if what I have been feeling I can finally see in words.  So much I could not explain, just these feelings I had little control over.  Encouragement came in through their words. Encouragement only God the Father could bring.

I came across Ephesians 5:20 "and give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" and wrote it in my journal.  Then this morning I was checking my emails and came across the update for Good Morning Girls.  (www.goodmorninggirls.org)  They are starting a bible study on Ephesians.  I thought, OK that sounds great I'm going to do it.  I sat down to read the first day's scripture and when I opened my journal I saw where I had written Ephesians 5:20.  I just smiled because I knew that was God's way of confirming this is where He wants me in the bible.  Just reading the first days scripture was reassuring, comforting and peaceful.  I just love the way God works.  What an amazing and awesome God we serve. 



No comments:

Post a Comment