Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wow, it's been a while since I have written anything...life has been busy. 

The family and I did have the opportunity to spend a few days in the mountains of Tennessee.  The mountains have to be our families most favorite place to spend our time.  It is beautiful and you truly get to see God's glory.  I'm not sure what it is, whether it's just a chance to slow down and actually notice God's beauty or if it is just the one place we all feel close to God.  I'm guessing a little of both.  It is time for us to slow down, not worry about phones, work, school, computers, busyness...just us as a family riding and walking in the mountains.  We spent a whole day riding in the National Forest and in Cades Cove, TN.  It was a very relaxing time for all of us.  The cabin was amazing...not only was it beautiful and peaceful but it was also filled with God.  The owners of the cabin were great to deal with and you could feel their love for God in the cabin.  It was wonderful!  I woke each morning to the glorious picture of the mountainside covered with trees, birds singing and the sun shining bright.  Two mornings we also woke quite early, 3:30am, to the most gorgeous moon shining into our window like a spotlight.  We also had a cute little visitor who greeted us as soon as we got there.  It was a raccoon, who some past visitors had named "Doritos".  He was cute....as long as he stayed outside!

Beautiful!!    Cades Cove, TN 

We went up there for my daughter's cheerleading competition (just a side note of how good God is....the owner of the cabin was also a cheerleader...how cool is that).  It also happened to be her birthday.  So for her birthday, her dad and brother sat ALL day with us Saturday watching cheerleading.  It was great, of course they would have much rather been in the woods but Allie loved having them both there.   The best part of the day for me was watching her on the cheer stage and nail ALL of her tumbling and when she came off the stage she was beaming...."I did it mama!!"  I was one proud mom and thanking God for building her confidence!  My girl landed, among other things, her running round-off, back-handspring, tuck BOTH days!!! I knew she could all along but she needed to know she could and God answered our prayers! It was beautiful!!


We had a great time and can't wait to go back.  I will try to upload some more pictures from our trip.  If you have never been to Cades Cove, TN I encourage you to go, it is amazing!





No comments:

Post a Comment