Monday, June 20, 2011

"Be Still and Know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

How many times this verse has helped me! My first and most vivid would be on September 11, 2001 when America was attacked.  I remember watching the TV at home, holding my babies, trying not to cry and praying.  God gave me a peace that day that I had never felt before...the verse Psalm 46:10 "BE STILL, and know that I AM GOD!" (emphasis mine) He was there. He was with me and my kids. He was with the people in the towers. He was with the firemen, policemen, emts, civilians....HE was there!  He had it under control and I just needed to trust Him.  Our country needed to trust Him. 

Many times since then, that same verse has brought me great comfort.  I receive daily devotions through my email and I remember one about having a "LIFE VERSE".  I thought, what would my life verse be.  One that encompassed my life in Christ.  Once a again, God brought to mind Psalm 46:10.  No matter if I am in a valley of fear or high on a mountain of happiness, I can have peace and joy in knowing that ALL I have to do is "Be Still" and know that He is MY God!  He showers me with grace, mercy, forgiveness and unconditional love.  He guides my every move, all I have to do is Be Still and know He is God!! A daily struggle? Yes but also a journey I eagerly take.

No comments:

Post a Comment